Sunday, August 24, 2014

Perfectionism

It can be debilitating. I was recently researching some healthy eating plans and the thing every site emphasized over and over again was that you can’t always be perfect so focus on doing good.
As a classic overachiever and perfectionist I feel like this is still a lesson I'm learning.
There are more times than I can count where I have thought, if I can’t do it perfect I may as well not do that.
Ms. Swift gave us yet another lifelong jam last week and her advice in it is pretty spot on for not getting caught up in what doesn't really matter.
"Hey, hey, hey, Just think while you've been getting down and out about the liars and the dirty, dirty cheats of the world,
You could've been getting down to this sick beat."
That's my plan this semester, not to get caught up in all that's wrong but to bask in all that is right.
With the new school year kicking off tomorrow, here’s being your best, not perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment